The Alto Group has been successfully serving the motoring needs of Sydneysiders since 1956. Our focus has always been to deliver excellent customer experiences across all parts of our business. Our company philosophy "everything we do is driven by you" is made up of five key elements which help keep our business moving forward and customer focused.
In 1956 George Altomonte opened a workshop on the corner of Fullers Road and Pacific Highway in Chatswood now the location of Alto Holden. Over the years the Group has grown to become a significant Automotive Retailer, employing over 600 people, selling upwards of 12,000 vehicles annually and servicing over 65,000 vehicles per year. Notably the Alto Group has been instrumental in developing industry guidelines through the establishment of the Motor Traders Association of Australia. George Altomonte was the inaugural President of the MTAA, and was honoured in 2004 with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his leadership and service to the motor industry. In 1995, Anthony Altomonte took on the role of Group Managing Director a position he continues to hold today.